Friday, August 13, 2010

N A U G H T Y . w i t h . T R I T O N E

[Click on the title above to go enter the post.]
N A U G H T Y . . W I T H . . T R I T O N E ~  A way of IR

As I continued to explore IR photography, the initial internal struggle within me began to subside.
The conflict that arises from the struggle between being a purist IR shooter and being a naughty colour manipulator.
I think I probably belong to the latter.



...Continuing from our previous thread:




















.. Or continue reading on on this post to see what I have compiled here!

Some gratitude I MUST express:

Thanks to our Indonesian friend Rudy who showed me the first IR photo in my life.
Thanks to fatigue who painstakingly modified both our IR cameras.
Thanks to AlexK and vngks who brought me out for my first IR shoot.
Thanks to SurrealDreamWalker who responded to my plea for help and taught me my first IR PP.
Thanks to LowLights who explained to me a lot of theories of photography and for poisoning.
Thanks to Lx3ChuA who demonstrated to me the intricate relationship between brightness & shadow.
Thanks to takeshi.lum who never failed to point out my flaws and giving me the impetus to improve.
Thanks to Wurdelak for giving me insight to IR photography during my infancy.
Thanks to Teerex for laying my path to DuoTone & TriTone.
Thanks to Franis247 for organising the one of the most important IR outings in my life.
Thanks to Jed for being consistently patient in explaining to me my hot spots right at the beginning.
Thanks to night86mare for your critical assessment that molds my ideas in IR.
Thanks to BullDog988 for opening up my eyes to composition and perspectives of IR photos.
Thanks to dibyogahari for pointing out one of my most important mistakes in histogram and for your encouragement.
Thanks to nleong, NetBaby, livideyez, JellyBelly, senser, airforce1 and ALL my good fellow CSers for your never-ending encouragement.

And thanks to my lovely SereneXMM for her unfailing love and patience in her support for my quest for the better picture.



Here are some little bits and pieces of my Revisits for all to have a good laugh.



Sometimes in life, one would go back and relook and revisit certain landmarks that are of significance in one's life.
Here I am doing just that.
Went back and open up my old Fort Canning IR photos and re-visited them.

This time round, building in TriTone.
Grass Tri-coloured in three layers with gradation of the green from bottom to top.

Sorry, was very new then. Blown my grass. A good negative demonstration.


Similar TriTone (Black, Pantone Brown and Pantone Beige) Pavilion and Foliage.
Gradation of green on grass.



I must admit.
Being very new then, I over-blown my grass (again).
Apologies.



This one I was merely being naughty with the tri-colours on the plaque.


I couldn't help but being mischievous once again.
Again, just for laughs.


And my good friend Alex Kaan commented on my this post:
"Gotta give it you, man. The photos were taken during our first IR outing many moons back and the weather was not so co-operative. But, your "new" photos are great. "
 Thank you so much for the encouragement, Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment