Saturday, August 7, 2010

InfraRed with N A U G H T Y . C O L O U R S!


[Click on the above Title to enter the post]

How  N A U G H T Y Can A Person be with
IR   C O L O U R S??!!

This was originally posted on ClubSNAP on the 7th August 2010.





Recently my brain seems to be fried until chao-dar or something...
Been trying to suppress an urge to sprinkle colours all over my IR photos.
I remember with a chuckle, what LowLights said about my IR colours still 'not yet as crazy as our Indonesian friend Rudy Tuahunse's multicoloured IRs' and I told myself what the heck...
So finally I let go of the inhibition a little. Must be all the chok-chok-ing from our Ah ChuA...
Nothing special here. Just some colouring done on a palette like a 5 year old child.




http://limwhowphotos.blogspot.sg/2010/08/somewhere-out-there-in-e-s-t-in-infrared.html










... Or if you so choose (without regret, I assure you, haha!), continue Reading On here to see what's in store!


Letting go a little bit... with colours.
Presenting this cool-pastel coloured one first.
Please have a good laugh...!






Everyone walking along the shaded Path at Singapore Botanic Gardens would see this wonderful sculpture.
My IR camera chooses to see the scores in a different light.

A comment made by our good Richard Ng on this thread:
"Brother,  Very creative series ..  This I like BEST "
Many many thanks, Richard, for that wonderful encouragement!


As the weather started to get a little hotter in the midday sun,
my unpredictable little IR camera also started to act up.
Everything that came out of it was at 45 degree Celcius... just very hot...



Anyone who frequent the Botanic Gardens will be familiar with this scene.
It's just beside the water falls next to the Orchid Garden.
We were just sitting there trying to escape the heat.
A lady just walked past, sweating in the scorching sun holding her umbrella...
...and my little camera just let go with all the weirdest colours it can come up with. (Not my fault...)

Hmmm... she seems to be in a little bit of hurry... don't know why... 


Something was not right. The temperature was too high.
Rushing back to the car, we came across this scene:
...with deep red hues spreading in the sky, the visitors were hastening their steps...


And my good Ah Chua commented on the above picture:
"Bro I love this 1 .... 9s~"
Thank you so much, Ah Chua!



Have always wanted to cross the road to take a picture of this tree.
Never had a chance till today.


Haha.. our good friend Luke Yeo (Surreal DreamWalker) commented after seeing the above picture:
"... bro limwhow this one also ... and it's a grade-A horror !!!!!
Take care bro... it is a 'spirit tree' that house a powerful spirit hence the prayer flags around the trunk to prevent the spirit from 'disturbing' human..."
Haha.. thank you so much, Luke, for your kind compliments!


Similarly, have always enjoyed this view.
Just never had to chance to stop and shoot.



Another one of my favourite places.
The Cold Storage.
It was a dark afternoon...


Pass by Yuan Ming Si every day.
Again, it took an arrival of a pre-National Day holiday for me to slow down to take a photo of this temple.



As hard as I tried to, this year's National Day display at Raffles Place grass verge was hard to miss.
Hehe... the little IR camera just went totally kaput upon beholding this sight....










No comments:

Post a Comment