Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Supreme Court walk ~ IR

[Click on the above title to go into the post]
My confidence level grew as I played with Photoshop, and my eyes began to be trained to look for the right kind of conditions to shoot IR pictures.
And on this day Serene and I went shooting around the Supreme Court area.




Here is the ClubSNAP thread: Supreme Court walk ~ IR [limwhow]

The day was cloudy, unfortunately. And I tried bringing up colours in my IR shots of the day, but with little success.  So in a twist, I converted them to a almost monochromatic (almost) effect.

The discussions on this thread was interesting for some members question the feasibility of IR photography under such circumstances.  Indeed, the characters of IR-ness in these shots were subtle.  But I felt that they still come through to the surface.

















The clouds over Victoria Theatre were dramticised
by the infrared rays.









































It was with quite some luck that I managed to capture this little old mini driving right onto the turn as I pressed the shutter.
Old car in an oldish setting.  Almost perfect.
What a coincidence! A little vintage car drove by as I snapped the shutter,
giving this shot the much-needed nostalgic feel.
Anything that is alive and reflects infrared light rays will turn out white, as in this case of the tiny little flower emerging from
between the concrete slabs.







No comments:

Post a Comment