Sunday, March 28, 2010

Goodwood Park ~ an IR series

I became rather obsessed with IR photography.
And my good old Canon 20D modified with the R72 IR filter became my constant companion.  Everywhere I went, it was with me.  Even when Serene and I went for our medical seminars.




Here is the link to the ClubSNAP thread:  Goodwood Park ~ an IR series

This angle was from Far East Shopping Centre.
I spent a long time that night back at home trying to figure how to go about post-processing the shots.
These shots made me very excited.  Why? Because I have never seen these scenes in such a manner - all snowy, whitish, golden-ish..

Some of the shots turned out ok, others not so ideal.  But hey, IR photography is a journey of learning.  And I am merely at the beginning phase of it.

Many of my friends came onto this thread of mine and gave me many suggestions and how I could improve my composition and post processing.

Looking back at all these comments, I am so thankful to them for their feedback in my journey.

And right in front of the main entrance of Goodwood Park Hotel.
The light on that day was only good for a short while, after which the dark clouds came in, and I lost quite a bit of the colours and the contrast that ONLY good light could bring for IR photography.  Thus some of the shots taken later that day were a little lack-lustre in terms of infrared lights.

I particularly remember the last shot below of a sports car parked at the side.  This photo was particularly difficult to post-process for no matter how I push the bar on Photoshop, I kept getting all kinds of polarization.  Not easy.  I learned that I needed lights. Lots of lights, for good IR shots, and easy processibility.

Sports car at Goodwood...

No comments:

Post a Comment