Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The East in Surreality ~ IR [limwhow]

[Click on the above title to go into the post]

This year of 2010 is the year in which my IR fever reached a peak.
I shot almost nothing but IR.
Every moment of my waking time, I saw IR, I thought IR, I breathed IR and I shit IR.
Unbelievable was my passion for this genre of photography.


And when I found that the Tokina fisheye 10-17mm was THE lens for my Canon 20D R72 IR-modified camera, I grabbed it and started shooting.
And boy, did I play with this combination.



Here, this was the link to that ClubSNAP thread: The East in Surreality - IR [limwhow]

And I just played and played and played until all my friends could do was watch me with their mouths wide-opened and wonder what kind of poison got into me.
And Serene, wow.. she was equally crazy over this IR thing as myself.  Every day we would just look for IR subjects to shoot.



But hey, we enjoyed it. And we went all over the east side looking for subjects to play with.

Here are some of my IR shots that started bearing some characteristics of Limwhow's IR PP.

This was just outside Temasek Primary school.. that little fence.
Tokina 10-17mm fisheye.
Then I went walking further.  And I turned my back and found all the leave (dead leaves) on the ground.  I found that with masking, I was able to turn the colours selectively.
Now that was something interesting that I discovered, thought in retrospect I can now laugh at myself that time, for not knowing this simple trick then.

Nice dead leaves.
A few metres down the road, a turn of the body, and a slight change of the view point, and a different subject presented itself to my Tokina fisheye.
The vignetting of the barrel edge right at the front of the lens was apparent. But nothing I could do about it. I just included it in here for completeness's sake.

The bus stop...
I shot until I found no more subjects but continued shooting I did.
And when I came home that evening, I had to really PP to see what I could get. And the result was something like this...
I must really have played a lot with the colours in this shot.
And I couldn't remember why and how we ended up at Fatigue's home.  That big grass land in front of his block.
I still remember Alex complaining on the thread that I was poisoning him with my fisheye.
But I recalled that he finally did not succumb.

Outside Fatigue's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment