Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Abandoned Railway Track ~ IR 2 Apr 2010

[Click on the above title to go into the post]



The boys at ClubSNAP organised an IR photography outing and I couldn't remember who it was but someone suggested the old abandoned railway track at Clementi near Sunset Way.
Now that was a great place to shoot IR photographs.
And I started a thread in which several of the members namely Richard (LowLights), Kai Sing (vngks) and Alex (AlexK) contributed their works for the day.  A very very good start to our IR group and the beginning of many more IR outings to come.



Here is the ClubSNAP thread: Abandoned Railway Track ~ IR 2 Apr 2010


This was the time when I started exploring playing around with more colours and doing masking and changing the colouring for different parts of the IR photographs.  I kept thinking to myself: "If IR shots present a paucity of colours, then that will present to me with a great chance to add colours into an already surreal picture."
So I played.
And wow! Did the colours come out! I literally pushed and pushed the Hue & Saturation layer, and the Channel Swap.
And I surprised myself with what I could push out of the little remaining hues.


Alex shooting on his IR camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment